What is your Personal Feng Shui Element?
Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal, Water
Your Best Directions Based on your Element
The first thing most people need to know is whether they are an “East House Person” or a “West House Person.” This refers to the favorable and unfavorable directions I mentioned in the last post.
To Find out, you will need to calculate Your Ming Gua
1. determine your birth year.
– annual energy in feng shui begins on February 4th or 5th depending on the position of the sun. For people born on a date from January 1 through February you will use the number for the previous year Birth Year Here_______
2. add together the four digits of your birth year:
ie (1 + 9 + 7 + 1 = 18)_________
3. continue adding until you have a single digit:
ie (1 + 8 = 9) _______________
4. for a woman: add 4 to the number from step two:
ie (4 + 9 = 13) ____________
5. If this results in a 2-digit #, add those together to get a single-digit # :
ie (1 + 3 = 4) ______
6. for a man: subtract from 11 the number from step two:
ie (11 – 9 = 2) ________
7.*If the calculations in step three result in 5, women use the number 8 as your ming gua, and men use the number 2 as your ming gua.
(We transform the number 5 into either 2 or 8 because 5 is reserved for the center and is not assigned a direction or a trigram.)
Fill in your Ming Gua Below
Find Your Ming Gua # in the chart below-
That is your direction, along with your environmental energy signature :
earth, metal, water, wood, or fire
1 N water
3 E wood
4 SE wood
9 S fire
2 SW earth
6 NW metal
7 W metal
8 NE earth
If your Ming Gua is Wood, Fire, or Water, You are an East Life group.
If it is Earth or Metal you are a West Life group.
Your Ming Gua correlates with a direction as seen above. This main direction relates to Overall Prosperity and Clear Thinking. It also resonates with your Personal Element and is sometimes called your Fu Wei.